Since its inception the Chamberlin Ranch has been a working cattle ranch.
In 1929 Theodore Chamberlin purchased 8000 acres of the mexican land grant, Rancho Corral de Quati. His wife Ailie named their ranch Rancho Los Potreros, reflecting the vast open cattle pastures.
Specializing in registered Polled Herefords, Ted and Ailie raised their 5 children while successfully building the business that is intrinsically tied to the ranching history and community of California’s Central Coast.
Today the second, third and fourth generations continue the family legacy through sustainable ranching methods and land stewardship—while opening this majestic landscape to film locations.